Old June 24th 04, 12:03 AM
Gary S.

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 15:21:34 -0500, "H. Adam Stevens, NQ5H"
wrote:

removing a glass mount antenna is easy
razor blade
it's drilling a hole in the roof of your car that's hard

I did it, and I'm proud to admit it
think of it as marrying the vehicle, unless you sell it to another ham
at 90,000 miles my Durango sports a 200 watt Kenwood (NO TUNER!!)
and still has the original brakes (I don't stop much)

Some use the NMO mount through a drilled hole.

This allows an easy switch to a cell antenna, and you turn a negative
(ham antenna installed through a hole) into a positive (cell phone
ready).

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA