Old June 23rd 04, 08:18 PM
Keith Bozek

Default Glass mount antenna speaker interference

I installed a glass mount for day to day since the terrain is flat and
repeater coverage drops off so efficiency is not an issue. I also
wanted to get the car in a nd out of the garage and the antenna is a
dual band antenna.

For better performance, I used a half wave.

Still getting the thing off of the glass and moving it is the current
concern.

Keith
Old June 23rd 04, 09:07 PM
nick smith

dual band antenna.

For better performance, I used a half wave.

Still getting the thing off of the glass and moving it is the current
concern.

( if you'll pardon the pun - ho ho ho )

Keith

Old June 23rd 04, 09:21 PM
H. Adam Stevens, NQ5H

removing a glass mount antenna is easy
razor blade
it's drilling a hole in the roof of your car that's hard

I did it, and I'm proud to admit it
think of it as marrying the vehicle, unless you sell it to another ham
at 90,000 miles my Durango sports a 200 watt Kenwood (NO TUNER!!)
and still has the original brakes (I don't stop much)

plus a Kenwood 742 on 144, 222 and 440
with a Comet tri-bander amid the roof, a Tarheel and 103" whip on the right
hip for low HF
(with a toroidal transformer that gives 50 ohms resistive on 20, baby)
and a Hi-Q that tops at 6 meters on the left hip
I also have a humongous Hi-Q for 160-80 when needed
what fun
73
H.
NQ5H

Old June 24th 04, 12:03 AM
Gary S.

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 15:21:34 -0500, "H. Adam Stevens, NQ5H"
wrote:

removing a glass mount antenna is easy
razor blade
it's drilling a hole in the roof of your car that's hard

I did it, and I'm proud to admit it
think of it as marrying the vehicle, unless you sell it to another ham
at 90,000 miles my Durango sports a 200 watt Kenwood (NO TUNER!!)
and still has the original brakes (I don't stop much)

Some use the NMO mount through a drilled hole.

This allows an easy switch to a cell antenna, and you turn a negative
(ham antenna installed through a hole) into a positive (cell phone
ready).

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA
Old June 24th 04, 06:22 AM
Hal Rosser

How about if you turn the car radio off. You ought to have the car radio off
when transmitting, anyway.

"Keith Bozek" wrote in message
om...
I recently installed a RS glass mount antenna on my '96 dodge
Intrepid. The area I chose was near the bottom of the rear window.

I get terrible feedback into my car radio. It is either coming in via
the speaker or the cars antenna.

Any way to eliminate interference without removing antenna or if I
have to remove it will any of the reinstall kits work with the R/S
model?

I was looking at the double-sided tape and that seems to me that it
might work ok?

Keith, N3HGN

---