Old December 28th 03, 12:46 AM
Burr

Guess my report wasn't the best.

It was yesterday about 1500 local ime. I messed up this report and I'll
try to do better next time.

Burr

Burr wrote:

Ridgecrest, Ca.
About 1500 UTC
CAMSPAC USCG
Freq.'s 8983&5696 USB

Stared with a plane called "United 800" (or some number) going down at
sea. The CG was flying close and watched the plane go in from 10,000 ft.

It was NOT a United Airlines plane but a test plane of some kind.

The Air Force sent out their rescue plane and helicopter and their
"PG's" (Para Jumpers) went in, the plane was up side down and the pilot
was dead.
They didn't try to get him out and he went down with his plane.

I am now monitoring the CG freq.'s.

Happier Note,

I wired a data port in my garage with two antenna leads for both SW
& Scanner. Now I can take my laptop to the garage with me while I am
working on these old junk cars.

Happy Holidays

Burr