Old December 27th 03, 03:07 PM
Burr

Default Cool DXing, Sad Lost

Ridgecrest, Ca.
About 1500 UTC
CAMSPAC USCG
Freq.'s 8983&5696 USB

Stared with a plane called "United 800" (or some number) going down
at sea. The CG was flying close and watched the plane go in from 10,000 ft.

It was NOT a United Airlines plane but a test plane of some kind.

The Air Force sent out their rescue plane and helicopter and their
"PG's" (Para Jumpers) went in, the plane was up side down and the pilot
was dead.
They didn't try to get him out and he went down with his plane.

I am now monitoring the CG freq.'s.

Happier Note,

I wired a data port in my garage with two antenna leads for both SW &
Scanner. Now I can take my laptop to the garage with me while I am
working on these old junk cars.

Happy Holidays

Burr

Old December 27th 03, 03:26 PM
Diverd4777

Burr:
Sad news about whatever happened out in the opcean, keep us updated..

& , on a lighter note,
congrats about the dataport & dual antennas

Happy Holidays !

~ Dan

( About ready to test out my New Backpack on an easy day hike )

Old December 27th 03, 08:38 PM

Burr, I am on the coast in Oxnard.
Cant find any sound of what you are hearing.
is it still ongoing?
DW

world wide short wave radio station
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Old December 27th 03, 09:36 PM
Sel

Dana wrote:
Burr, I am on the coast in Oxnard.
Cant find any sound of what you are hearing.
is it still ongoing?
DW

world wide short wave radio station
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Go here.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...AGT83V98H1.DTL

It was a New Zealand made aircraft being delvered to the USA. The pilot
came from the same place as I live.

--
Sel ........

Icom R-75 E
Icom PCR-1000
Sangean 909
Sangean 404
Uniden UBC9000XLT
Uniden UBC120XLT

http://sel.enternet.co.nz/weathersat.html

Old December 27th 03, 11:40 PM
tommyknocker

Sel wrote:

Dana wrote:
Burr, I am on the coast in Oxnard.
Cant find any sound of what you are hearing.
is it still ongoing?
DW

world wide short wave radio station
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Go here.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...AGT83V98H1.DTL

It was a New Zealand made aircraft being delvered to the USA. The pilot
came from the same place as I live.

I heard about this on my local TV news (Sacramento, CA). The plane was
an experimental one of a kind barnstorming/skydiving plane made by the
pilot, who was going to meet his business partner and show the plane to
investors whom they were hoping to interest in a production run. I don't
think the investors will be interested any longer. Apparently the
plane's nonretractable landing gear flipped it over on the water and
drowned the pilot before divers could reach him. I don't usually listen
to ute freqs, and 1500 is a little early for me (about 7 am Pacific
time).

Old December 28th 03, 12:46 AM
Burr

Guess my report wasn't the best.

It was yesterday about 1500 local ime. I messed up this report and I'll
try to do better next time.

Burr

Old December 28th 03, 01:28 AM
Diverd4777

Better to err on the side of speed, and then let accuracy sort itself out
later..

- Not Brain Surgery here, after all...

AM dxing PalmaG72 Dx 14 December 2nd 04 07:12 PM
Request for DXing and QSL information Da Shadow Dx 0 June 19th 04 02:45 PM
Request for DXing and QSL information Da Shadow Dx 0 June 19th 04 02:45 PM
It's In The Fridge: Finding Cool Radio Now Kim Cooper Broadcasting 0 April 5th 04 05:19 PM
ARRL's Incoming QSL Burro Screwing NON ARRL members! NIW Policy 0 March 23rd 04 10:29 PM