Old December 31st 03, 07:18 AM
Tony Meloche

starman wrote:

Tony Meloche wrote:

tommyknocker wrote:

Australia

Good catch! On any radio, at any time! I don't think that they
(yet) have any relay in N. America, though I heard they are planning
one.

I can hear them regularly in California.

Very understandable - every DXer I know from California can hear
them regularly from there. In the Midwest/East USA, Australia is much
more of a prize catch!

Australia is a piece of cake on 9580 most every morning. Has been for
decades.

True - around 9:00 Eastern Standard time, I have logged them many
times there myself. But I don't know if that's the time he was
listening, or the frequency he got them on. And any station as far away
from you as a station can get on this planet is a good catch - if you
are a beginner - which he is. I apologize if you feel I made a mistake
trying to encourage a beginner.

Tony