Old December 31st 03, 07:36 AM
starman

H Davis wrote:

Are there any other portables out there (other than the Sony ICF 2010 and
2001D) that allow listening on the air band (I think that is 116 - 136 MHz)?
I really like the 2010, but I have other radios that do most of what it does
(maybe not as well, perhaps) and thought I might find another radio for the
aeronautical band. I assume some (all?) of the tabletops handle this band.
Am I correct? I'm new at this hobby, so I apologize for nay dumb questions
or comments.

You can also listen to aircraft on the shortwave bands when the plane is
over large bodies of water like the oceans. Here's a website with the
shortwave aeronautical frequencies.

http://www.dxworld.com/hfaero.html