Old December 30th 03, 09:31 AM
H Davis

Default Aero Band Radio?

Are there any other portables out there (other than the Sony ICF 2010 and
2001D) that allow listening on the air band (I think that is 116 - 136 MHz)?
I really like the 2010, but I have other radios that do most of what it does
(maybe not as well, perhaps) and thought I might find another radio for the
aeronautical band. I assume some (all?) of the tabletops handle this band.
Am I correct? I'm new at this hobby, so I apologize for nay dumb questions
or comments.

Harlan

Old December 31st 03, 07:36 AM
starman

H Davis wrote:

Are there any other portables out there (other than the Sony ICF 2010 and
2001D) that allow listening on the air band (I think that is 116 - 136 MHz)?
I really like the 2010, but I have other radios that do most of what it does
(maybe not as well, perhaps) and thought I might find another radio for the
aeronautical band. I assume some (all?) of the tabletops handle this band.
Am I correct? I'm new at this hobby, so I apologize for nay dumb questions
or comments.

You can also listen to aircraft on the shortwave bands when the plane is
over large bodies of water like the oceans. Here's a website with the
shortwave aeronautical frequencies.

http://www.dxworld.com/hfaero.html

Old January 1st 04, 07:59 PM
H Davis

starman:

Thanks for passing that along. I'll give it a shot, but with my measly
little wire, Sangean 803a and a location near Chicago, I doubt that I will
be hearing any communications above our oceans. Then again, I'm new at this
and find surprises regularly.

Thanks again,
Harlan