Old June 24th 04, 05:23 PM
Dan Richardson

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 14:17:23 GMT, Irv Finkleman
wrote:

Back in the '60's, at Naval Radio Station CKN, we had a number, perhaps ten or
fifteen, of multikilowatt transmitters all feeding the antennas through open wire line.

[snip]
I've often wondered about how much effect the RF had on me -- although
my Ex would tell you I am stark raving mad! :-0

Irv VE6BP

About the same time I was stationed at a loran station and while
serving there I "hot jumped" the tower several times. Loran stations
put out a maga-watt and I never noticed any sensation - not even a
slightest tingle. But, on a damp day, jumping off the tower would draw
a heck of an arc with a resounding ZAAAAAP.

However, like you Irv, my wife would be unable to afirm my healty
mental state. G

Danny, K6MHE