Old January 3rd 04, 04:24 PM
S Walters

More and more religious braodcasters are using shotwave than ever before.
In addition to the reasons stated elsewhere in this thread, I believe also
that it allows greater reach in spreading the gospel, particularly without
censorship. There is increasing cultural hostility in the US and the whole
Western world for that matter against anything Christian and efforts are
underway to sweep religion out of the culture. As communications comes
under increasing governemt control, broadcast radio (AM/FM), television and
the internet will be less accommodating to traditional values. Shortwave is
off the radar when it comes to government scrutiny since the majority of the
US population has little idea what it is or how to access it. As globalism
takes over, shortwave will likely be that last place where people can talk
about Christ without fear of reprisal.

Steve W.

dave wrote in message
While checking out the shortwave stations in the States I came across
stations that seem to be doing only one thing and that is to ram
religion down their listeners necks 24/7.
Don't any North American stations apart from VOA have anything else
to say apart from trying to persuade everyone to join the Billy Graham
fan club?
I was hoping to find some stations with a bit more regular topics in
their schedule. Do any of these channels exist over their?