Old January 9th 04, 05:26 AM
Dochuge

"news.vif.com" wrote in message

1) I haven't grounded the thing, should I? Will it make a much more
noticable improvement? (I'm still learning this shortwave stuff)

Grounding good idea, helps deduce static and noise.
10 foot copper pip into ground

Thanks for the input! What kind of wiring do I want to run from the
grounding rod to the Yaesu? I've done some research since my post and I
read a review from some guy who went on and on about how imperative it is to
read the manual in order to really learn how to run the radio. So it looks
like I'm gonna invest in a manual for sure. I'll say this, its NOT a very
intuitive radio!