Old January 24th 04, 03:44 AM
Michael Bryant

From: Chris Dorn

The
radio plays, but has some intermittents with the mode/filter and
bandswitch. It seems to be coming back to full function the more I use
it.

This is a pretty common problem with 6800W's. My bandswitch will bug out every
once in a while and simply moving the switch through all it's positions several
times will make it work. The volume knob gets scratchy, too. Both problems are
probably caused by dust buildup and there are sprays to reduce the problem. The
biggest problem is that the disassembly of a 6800W is no easy task.

In terms of performance, I still feel that 6800W is a better DXing machine than
the SAT800 due to it's analog design enabling a much lower noise floor. It's
audio is also roughly comparable to the SAT800 for SWLing.

Congrats on a great snag!

Michael Bryant, WA4009SWL
Louisville, KY
R75, S800, RX320, SW77, ICF2010K,