Old January 24th 04, 02:46 AM
Chris Dorn

Default Sony ICF-6800W

Hello,

Just aquired a Sony ICF-6800W receiver. This is the original version. It
is also a Canadian version. The receiver is in immaculate condition. It
was stored in a closet under a protective cloth for years. I can't see a
mark on it, and it was stored in a dry, non-smoking environment. The
radio plays, but has some intermittents with the mode/filter and
bandswitch. It seems to be coming back to full function the more I use
it. I am not a collector, and am testing the waters to see if there is
any interest out there before I head to EBAY. Please drop me an e-mail
to discuss the radio, and a possible price if interested. I may also
consider some trades for newer radios, like the Sony 2010, etc. I am
located in Canada.

Regards,
Chris VE6RDC

Old January 24th 04, 06:32 AM
Jerry G.

The switches and controls can be properly cleaned by the proper contact
cleaner for them. Most any of the service centres can service this very
easily.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

Old January 25th 04, 12:19 AM
Stephan Grossklass

Michael Bryant schrieb:

In terms of performance, I still feel that 6800W is a better DXing machine than
the SAT800 due to it's analog design enabling a much lower noise floor.

Indeed, the thing had a very low noise oscillator (along with excellent
frequency stability), according to what I read. The first version
suffered from really bad IM in strong signal locations like Europe, this
was corrected in the second one (S/N 30001+) which also had better
filters (CFU+CFW instead of CFT+CFU). That one apparently can still keep
up quite well with, say, an ICF-SW77, which is not too shabby.

Stephan
--
Meine Andere Seite: http://stephan.win31.de/
PC#6: i440BX, 2xCel300A, 512 MiB, 18+80 GB, ATI AGP 32 MiB, 110W