Old January 24th 04, 04:02 PM
Frank Dresser

"CW" wrote in message
The current situation has nothing to do with keeping stations on the

air.

Keeping stations on the air was one of the justifications for the
telecommunications act of 1996. The National Association of
Broadcasters says:

"Today, the industry has rebounded financially but, just 10 years ago,
60 percent of stations were losing money. Many stations had gone off the
air, depriving communities of the local service upon which they had come
to rely."

This if from:

http://www.rwonline.com/reference-ro...tatement.shtml

I prefered the old rules.

It
has everything to do with who is paying off the politicians. Our

government
is, for the most part, for sale to the highest bidder.

That's another can 'o worms. The voting public doesn't pay much
attention to what their representives are up to. I stumbled across a
local public radio show in which each of candidates in our upcoming
governor's race will be interviewed. Each candidate on the ballot gets
a one hour interview. The interviewer seems well informed and asks the
right questions. It's repeated several times. And it will have far
less impact than a big money misleading political media campaign.

Frank Dresser