Old February 3rd 04, 10:34 PM
Nick

Default A couple of Sony 7600GR questions

Hi, I have a 7600GR that I use for utility monitoring. It's all my
budget would allow at the time and I've been quite happy with it. I
was thinking of trading up to a s/h receiver like an R2000 or FRG100
etc, however, I have heard people say that when connected to a decent
antenna, there is not much between any of these radios performance
wise. Is this about right or would I notice much better performance
from a FRG100? (I appreciate the extra facilities on these radios, but
I just want to compare like with like).

Secondly, when using the ext antenna input on the 7600GR, would it be
a 50ohm balanced input or a 300ohm non-balanced one? I use a long wire
and want to know if a balun would be worth buying...

Thanks in advance,

Nick