Old February 10th 04, 12:08 AM
RedOctober90

Jake Brodsky wrote in message . ..
On 9 Feb 2004 01:17:51 -0800, (Candy)
wrote:

My friends are in a town S of St Marc and No of Cabaret both of which
are barricaded. They can go neither N or S.

My friend was given a short wave radio for Christmas and has been
listening to the Canadian Broadcasting Company in the evening.
Could you possibly send me some other radio setting where he might
find news of Haiti. Sometimes the news I put together is the first
they have heard of an event. They speak English as a first language
and also Creole but not French very well or Spanish.

There are cut off. Thank you for any help.

I recommend the Caribbean news broadcast from the BBC. I get it every
morning at 1100 UTC from the BBC relay out of Antigua on 6175 kHz.
I've been hearing quite a bit about the situation in Haiti.

Naturally, this doesn't make much of a splash among the headlines here
in the States, though it should...

Jake Brodsky, AB3A
"Beware of the massive impossible!"

WBCQ's Hal Turner show broadcasts to that area, he usually provides
good news and good coverage.