Old February 9th 04, 09:17 AM
Candy

Default Info for friends in the middle of the trouble in Haiti

Hello I work for a Mission. I stumbled across the short wave thread on
a group on line while doing a search for news. I compile news for my
friends in Haiti who are unable to use the internet.

My friends are in a town S of St Marc and No of Cabaret both of which
are barricaded. They can go neither N or S.

My friend was given a short wave radio for Christmas and has been
listening to the Canadian Broadcasting Company in the evening.
Could you possibly send me some other radio setting where he might
find news of Haiti. Sometimes the news I put together is the first
they have heard of an event. They speak English as a first language
and also Creole but not French very well or Spanish.

There are cut off. Thank you for any help.

Dieu beni ou
Barb
Old February 9th 04, 04:46 PM
Maximus

Radio Havana, Cuba was mentioned, as well as Radio Exterior de Espana. Both
have good signals and Rado Exterior de Espana has a relay in the region.

0000-0100 6.055 15.385
2000-2100 9.570 9.595 9.680 9.700 15.290
2100-2200 9.570 9.840
2200-2300 9.95 9.680

The above is from Passport to Worldband Radio.

You might also listen to Radio Nederland, Radio France International and
Deutache Welle who all have excellent signals and relays in the region. Many
stations have news you won't hear in the USA including Voice of America.

HTH

m...

Old February 10th 04, 12:51 PM
Jake Brodsky

On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 13:34:43 -0500, Jake Brodsky
wrote:
I recommend the Caribbean news broadcast from the BBC. I get it every
morning at 1100 UTC from the BBC relay out of Antigua on 6175 kHz.
I've been hearing quite a bit about the situation in Haiti.

Correction:

It's on 6195 kHz. at 1100 UTC. I recalled incorrectly. And yes, the
first headline on BBC Caribbean Report was about Haiti.

Jake Brodsky, AB3A
"Beware of the massive impossible!"