Old February 17th 04, 01:41 PM
Joe Strain

Get out yer soldering iron and scrounge up an old 75 ohm to 300 ohm cable tv
adapter. Solder a slinky to each of the 300 ohm leads and stretch it out
accross the ceiling as far as possible

attach your coax to the 75 ohm threaded tv adapter output and run it to your
receiver

Even hooking ONE stretched out slinky to the receiver will work

Yes, S-6 Noise levels sometimes, but I can get eastern Med and Australia on
an apartment slinky on my DX 398 and RX 320

Your boat anchor not being as HOT as today's FET-front-end receivers might
be beneficial in suppressing a lot of unneeded RFI

I miss my Hally S-40B

Yodar

"Slim97477" wrote in message
I recently acquired a Hammarlund HQ-129-X, and I was wondering if anyone

had
tips on effective antennas for someone living in a first floor apartment.

I do
NOT have the capability for ANY outside antennas...

Kris
KC7VWQ