Old February 19th 04, 12:11 PM
AComarow

Subject: HQ180A Record Price?
From: (Dxluver)
Date: 2/18/04 12:20 AM Eastern Standard Time
Following up the R7A on Ebay just now is a HQ180A
approaching the $1,000

It truly is the 'bandcruiser' IMO of the HQ models. I had the chance to be
in
the cockpit of one of these before and it was an 'experience' I won't forget.

It's on my short list of receivers to acquire, along with the SP series.
I'd
never spend a gerrr on it, but if you have it and you want it, why not?
Hopefully the person will actually *push the gamut* and work the dials the
way
thet're intended to. :-)

It is indeed a wonderful radio. I have the even more elusive HQ-180AX, which
has switch-selected settings for individual crystal-controlled frequencies. (I
also have an HQ-129X, -145A, -150, and -170A. Do I have a thing for
Hammarlund?)

Avery W3AVE
Potomac, Md.