Old February 20th 04, 05:38 AM
Mike Maghakian

the 394 will work fine down to 9V

Maximus wrote:
I don't have the money to buy a motorcycle battery and trickle charger so I
bought to 6 volt lantern batteries and an adaptor to plug into the dc plug
on the back of the radio. I disconnected the AC cord from the wall and
applied the batteries to the adaptor and tried to trun on the radio - nada
s.

I know I am missing something miniscule so I am hoping one of you
electronical amtateur radio folks can help me out. The radio works fine on
AC, but every year we have a significant outtage and having battery power
for my baby would be a lot of fun s while other things are not working
which migfht be sources of interference. Thanks in advance

Il Dolce Far Niente