Old February 20th 04, 06:01 AM
Gray Shockley

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 22:50:49 -0600, Maximus wrote
(in message t):

Gary, I just wanted to let you know that your advice worked !

Since it worked, you have to call me "Gray". When it doesn't work, "Gary" is
just fine [bwg].

Thank you very
much. the interference I was concerned with did not go away,

Well, let's solve that problem. Are you in a house? If so, then the
interference is very easy to track down. Find all of your circuit-breaker and
fuse boxes (our last house had four of those suckas). Turn them all off. If
you still have interference, it's almost always street lights (or street
transformers or street whatchamaycallits).

If it goes away, then shut back off the last breaker or fuse and see if it
goes away. If it does, start unplugging stuff (/not/ turning off -
unplugging).

Here's an item: we've been dealing with interference on this NG for forever
and the great majority of the time, it's been a computer /monitor/. That's
one of the main reasons I use ViewSonic monitors (the other is that they use
Trintrons without Sony's horrible monitor electronics). I have four shortwave
radios within 18-24" of the Viewsonic (17"-model A75f - probably made for
3-1/2 weeks) and the ViewSonic just doesn't interfer.

but at least if
the power goes out, it might and I'll have a way to power up the receiver
S.

Well, there certainly is that. When I lived out in the boonies, I used my
"Freeplay" everytime the electricity went down.

As Dr. McCoy said once on Star Trek "By golly I think I could cure a
rainy day" .

Gray Shockley
Jim, the radio is dead.