Old February 21st 04, 02:56 PM
Stephan Grossklass

"K.chattenton" schrieb:

Hi all,

I have just acquired a Sony radio, model No, CRF-160.
Though the radio works fine I need to change a couple of components on the
front panel ( on/off switch, dual pot for the RF gain and BFO ).

Contact problems, I guess?

The problem I have is getting the radio separated from the case.
I don't have any service material on this radio and for the life of me I
just can't get at the main chassis to change these items that I have
mentioned.
Can any one on this list help with advice or supply me with a service manual
or notes as to the removal of the main chassis please.?

I don't know how much this is worth to you, but you could order a copy
of the service manual at http://www.schaltungsdienst.com/ - these guys
have an impressive collection there. Cost is EUR 9.90 + VAT (and
shipping) per service manual for audio eq't. I think one needs to have a
credit card when purchasing from outside Germany. I have bought from
them twice so far (ICF-7601, ICF-SW7600, ICF-7600AW and Panasonic
RF-B65DA) and there hasn't really been anything to complain about.

Stephan
--
Meine Andere Seite: http://stephan.win31.de/
PC#6: i440BX, 2xCel300A, 512 MiB, 18+80 GB, GF2MX AGP 32 MiB, 110W