Old February 21st 04, 06:53 AM
K.chattenton

Default SONY CRF-160 Help.

Hi all,

I have just acquired a Sony radio, model No, CRF-160.
Though the radio works fine I need to change a couple of components on the
front panel ( on/off switch, dual pot for the RF gain and BFO ).

The problem I have is getting the radio separated from the case.
I don't have any service material on this radio and for the life of me I
just can't get at the main chassis to change these items that I have
mentioned.
Can any one on this list help with advice or supply me with a service manual
or notes as to the removal of the main chassis please.?
Any expenses incurred will be fully refunded of course. Thank you for your
time, cheers Ken, G4KIR.

---

Old February 21st 04, 02:56 PM
Stephan Grossklass

"K.chattenton" schrieb:

Hi all,

I have just acquired a Sony radio, model No, CRF-160.
Though the radio works fine I need to change a couple of components on the
front panel ( on/off switch, dual pot for the RF gain and BFO ).

Contact problems, I guess?

The problem I have is getting the radio separated from the case.
I don't have any service material on this radio and for the life of me I
just can't get at the main chassis to change these items that I have
mentioned.
Can any one on this list help with advice or supply me with a service manual
or notes as to the removal of the main chassis please.?

I don't know how much this is worth to you, but you could order a copy
of the service manual at http://www.schaltungsdienst.com/ - these guys
have an impressive collection there. Cost is EUR 9.90 + VAT (and
shipping) per service manual for audio eq't. I think one needs to have a
credit card when purchasing from outside Germany. I have bought from
them twice so far (ICF-7601, ICF-SW7600, ICF-7600AW and Panasonic
RF-B65DA) and there hasn't really been anything to complain about.

Stephan
--
Meine Andere Seite: http://stephan.win31.de/
PC#6: i440BX, 2xCel300A, 512 MiB, 18+80 GB, GF2MX AGP 32 MiB, 110W
Old February 21st 04, 07:58 PM
Larry Ozarow

Ken,

I have the CRF-150 which looks to be the same chassis. Nice radio,
impossible to figure out how to disassemble it without the manual.
Luckily I found a nice fella with one and he sent me a copy. I'll dig it
up and scan the relevant pages and e-mail them to you. Let me
know by followup if the e-mail in your posting is not legit,
otherwise I'll just send it along to the one you have listed.

Larry

Old February 22nd 04, 03:46 PM
K.chattenton

Hi Larry,
"Larry Ozarow" wrote in message
Ken,

I have the CRF-150 which looks to be the same chassis. Nice radio,
impossible to figure out how to disassemble it without the manual.
Luckily I found a nice fella with one and he sent me a copy. I'll dig it
up and scan the relevant pages and e-mail them to you. Let me
know by followup if the e-mail in your posting is not legit,
otherwise I'll just send it along to the one you have listed.

Larry

Thank you so much for your very kind offer. It really is appreciated.

I tried to contact you direct, but I am afraid my mail was returned to me,
so sorry for the delay in you getting this message.

My email address is correct, just as shown.

Look forward to hearing from you........cheers, Ken, G4KIR.

---

Old February 22nd 04, 03:46 PM
K.chattenton

Hi Stephan,
"Stephan Grossklass" wrote in message
"K.chattenton" schrieb:

Hi all,

I have just acquired a Sony radio, model No, CRF-160.
Though the radio works fine I need to change a couple of components on

the
front panel ( on/off switch, dual pot for the RF gain and BFO ).

Contact problems, I guess?

No, worse than that Stephan, broken on/off switch and the dual pot is also
broken.
But I would like to get the radio repaired so I thank you for your
input..........cheers, Ken, G4KIR.

---

Old February 22nd 04, 07:14 PM
Larry Ozarow

Ken,

I sent you jpegs of the section on disassembly
yesterday evening. I hope they arrived and were helpful.
As I mentioned in the accompanying e-mail, if you'd like
the whole manual, let me know and I can photocopy it at work
and mail it to you. If you'd just like a few more pages, like
say the alignment charts, or PC board layouts or whatever,
I'll scan them for you, it's just that photocopying would
be faster for whole manual as it's about 50 pages. Don't
worry about postage, the guy who sent me the manual
originally didn't so I'd rather just "pay it forward."

If the jpeg mail didn't get to you
and you'd like to e-mail me directly, my address is
lhozarow AT yahoo DOT com

Larry