Old February 23rd 04, 05:37 AM
Charles Hawtrey

JG Lane stumbled to the microphone and
mumbled:

Yesterday, I pulled it out to use at my desk. I've discovered that
the On-Off switch does not turn the radio off. It switches between
the radio display and the time display, but the radio continues to
play on.

I had a problem like this years ago with the first YB400 I bought --
either it wouldn't turn on consistently, or it wouldn't turn off, I
forget which. Anyway Grundig ended up replacing it under warranty. I
realize your warranty is long since expired but just thought I'd offer
a data point to show that your case is at least to some extent a known
problem with this model.

Sometimes I think modern electronics try to be too smart for their own
good. Fewer and fewer items contain a basic electromechanical switch
that when you turn it off, actually disconnects the power!

--
I am not suffering from insanity, quite the opposite, I am enjoying
every minute of it.