Old February 25th 04, 10:37 PM
Sanjaya

You're welcome Dan.
If you haven't done so, read the
radiointel.com review of the DE1102.
I decided to buy it after reading that and
seeing that I could have it in 7 to 10 days
for a total cost of $68.50
I realize I've mentioned the Liypn price
a number of times in this and other threads,
but gosh... I think that's a fantastic deal on
such a good product.

"Diverd4777" wrote...
HI Sanjaya,

Thanks for the info;
It's on my list

Dan ( listening to some pirate on 6.925 )

In article . net, "Sanjaya"
writes:

"Diverd4777" wrote...
Hi Sanjaya;

- How well does the Tone switch on the Degen 1102 work?
have you tried it with with Shortwave, and can you use it to enhance

staticy
transmissions ?

Dan

Well... there's not a tremendous difference in news/music
using the switch. Earbuds clear up some noise and hiss though.
The radio is sensitive and selective (PLL, dual conversion).
But it's small compared to the YB400 and ATS-505 so
speaker sound is not up to the quality of those. But it's more
that adequate, and better than the YB300's sound from speaker.
However, I'm basing my comments on value for dollars spent.
SSB, dual conversion, full SW coverage, fair to good MW DX,
good FM with stereo from headphones,
batteries recharge in the radio, compact enough to get in a big
pocket (or in saki's case, her purse).
It looks good too (I have the silver one), has a nice solid feel... and don't
forget
the cool blue backlight which illuminates the number pad
as well as the display.
$68.50 delivered... in my book you can't beat that.