Old July 8th 04, 01:11 AM
K. Hastings

Thanks to all for your help on this - especially to Crazy George who
correctly suggested that the 2 directions are accomplished "typically a
split phase AC motor, a common and one phase fed directly, the other through
a phase shifting capacitor in the controller. Swap the two phase leads for
reverse direction." This is exactly what this older rotor used.

Thanks to G.Beat I have excellent drawings of the rotor mods and clear
schematics that I can use to build a revised controiller module. I'll post
schematics when my experimentation is complete if others are interested.

Thanks again, Kevin VE9 XYZ

"K. Hastings" wrote in message
I'm fixing up an older Channel Master light-duty rotor to turn a small 2m
wooden quad I've built for my attic, but one of the plastic gears in the
control unit disintegrated in my hand during the rennovation. The rest of
the control unit is in rough shape too.

I'm thinking of building my own power supply/control unit for this rotor,
but I'm not clear on just how these 3-wire units actually control the

rotor.
Any ideas? I can perhaps make my own simple PS, and figure out the
direction-setting power scheme, but getting feedback on the antenna

position
to prevent over-turn cound be tricky.

Thanks to all who reply...

VE9XYZ Kevin