Old March 6th 04, 08:28 PM
Mark S. Holden

Love2camp5 wrote:
I am thoroughly enjoying my new Sangean ATS818ACS - I'm glad I finally found a
radio that I'm compatible with.

Anyway-is there a difference between buying a reel-type antenna for the plug on
the radio and just making a length of wire with the alligator clips and
clipping it directly onto the whip antenna?

Those are as far as I'm interested in going regarding antennas...just wondered
which route is better.

I also wouldn't mind finding a simple shortwave program guide (English only)
just for what is receivable in eastern North America...I'm getting weary of
wading through pages and pages of hour-by-hour programming, when most of it is
for other parts of the world. Does such a creature exist???

Thanks...
Linda
Pennsylvania

Hi

The reel up antennas are more convenient for portable use.

Here's a link to a good web site with english language broadcast
schedules, sorted by country or hour.

http://www.primetimeshortwave.com/