Old March 6th 04, 07:49 PM
Love2camp5

Default Quick Questions

I am thoroughly enjoying my new Sangean ATS818ACS - I'm glad I finally found a
radio that I'm compatible with.

Anyway-is there a difference between buying a reel-type antenna for the plug on
the radio and just making a length of wire with the alligator clips and
clipping it directly onto the whip antenna?

Those are as far as I'm interested in going regarding antennas...just wondered
which route is better.

I also wouldn't mind finding a simple shortwave program guide (English only)
just for what is receivable in eastern North America...I'm getting weary of
wading through pages and pages of hour-by-hour programming, when most of it is
for other parts of the world. Does such a creature exist???

Thanks...
Linda
Pennsylvania
Old March 6th 04, 08:28 PM
Mark S. Holden

Love2camp5 wrote:
I am thoroughly enjoying my new Sangean ATS818ACS - I'm glad I finally found a
radio that I'm compatible with.

Anyway-is there a difference between buying a reel-type antenna for the plug on
the radio and just making a length of wire with the alligator clips and
clipping it directly onto the whip antenna?

Those are as far as I'm interested in going regarding antennas...just wondered
which route is better.

I also wouldn't mind finding a simple shortwave program guide (English only)
just for what is receivable in eastern North America...I'm getting weary of
wading through pages and pages of hour-by-hour programming, when most of it is
for other parts of the world. Does such a creature exist???

Thanks...
Linda
Pennsylvania

Hi

The reel up antennas are more convenient for portable use.

Here's a link to a good web site with english language broadcast
schedules, sorted by country or hour.

http://www.primetimeshortwave.com/

Old March 6th 04, 09:18 PM
Sanjaya

"Love2camp5" wrote...
[snip]
I also wouldn't mind finding a simple shortwave program guide (English only)
just for what is receivable in eastern North America...I'm getting weary of
wading through pages and pages of hour-by-hour programming, when most of it is
for other parts of the world. Does such a creature exist???

Monitoring Times Magazine's shortwave section is a handy reference.
And for what is on at the current hour, this online
site is good...
http://www.anarc.org/naswa/swlguide/

Old March 7th 04, 03:01 AM
mike maghakian

the absolute best english guide is Mark Fine's guide on www.fineware-swl.com

"Love2camp5" wrote in message
[...]

AR88 Restoration project: Some Questions. joe landy Boatanchors 6 November 26th 04 03:10 PM
Two Quick Questions Love2camp5 Shortwave 9 February 27th 04 07:59 PM
Response to "21st Century" Part Two (Communicator License) N2EY Policy 0 November 30th 03 01:28 PM
Low reenlistment rate charlesb Policy 54 September 18th 03 01:57 PM
BEWARE SPENDING TIME ANSWERING QUESTIONS HERE (WAS Electronic Questions) CW Antenna 1 September 5th 03 06:20 PM