Old March 8th 04, 10:43 PM
starman

Rob Mills wrote:

"Brian" wrote in message
link.net...

I tracked it to the utility main where the power comes in from the

lines.

In my neck of the woods the power company uses aluminum lines from the pole
to the service panel. They use a special connector to connect their aluminum
lines to my copper lines and for some reason these connectors don't seem to
last very long. I've had to have them (the power co) replace mine twice in
about 10 years. RM~

If it happens again, ask them to apply an electrical compound on the
connection that inhibits the galvanic corrosion of disimilar metals.