Old March 9th 04, 06:29 AM
DeWayne

Default Sangean Problems?

Sangean's top of the line ATS-909/DX-398 is well known to have had problems
with lock-ups. My question is, is Sangean still shipping brand new 909's
with these same problems that have been known about for years? The 909 is
not a 'cheap' radio. They sell for well over $200. I would be very
interested to know if anyone has purchased a recent brand new 909 with any
of the well known problems they have had for several years. If Sangean is
selling new defective radios, I would have to ask do most manufacturers do
this? We have been discussing this topic in the DX-398 Yahoo group. One
person is having a real problem with his DX-398. He has not been getting
much help, even from Sangean. He has tried most of the common 'fixes' but
without remedy. These are very popular radios and I hope someone has some
info to help us out. And I would really like to know what, if anything,
Sangean has done to help us. Or is Sangean still selling defective 909's?
Thanks!

DeWayne