Old March 9th 04, 02:51 PM
Mojo

Radios4You = o.k. WRX911 = not so hot.

Maybe I got a sub-par sample, but I'm not impressed wit the radio.
Sensitivity is mediocre, and build quality is poor, even for $30.
Cheap analog tuners can't be expected to be aligned very accurately,
but mine is _way_ off, and the tuning wheel is _very_ stiff. The
volume control on the left side is recessed so far that the only way
to adjust the volume is to stick a fingernail (or paperclip, or
something) through the slot and attempt to turn the wheel. The band
selector's red indicator is so misaligned that there is no visual
indication at all as to what band is selected.

Judging from all the favorable comments and evaluations, I can only
guess my experience isn't the norm. I really wanted to like the
WRX911, but mine was a disappointment. My Grundig Mini 100 (even
cheaper, and made by the same manufacturer) is a better radio, both in
terms of reception and assembly quality... At least I'm only out
about 30 bucks.

Just my two cents worth. Hope your luck is better.

(KEN8038) wrote in message ...
Hi: Has anyone had any experience with this dealer?

I'm thinking of ordering the Kaito WRX911 from them (like a really need yet
another radio), but this would be my first order, I haven't dealt with them
before.

Any input would be appreciated. If you want to comment on the radio itself, I'd
like to hear about that too. Most of the reviews have been good, considering
the price.

Thanks. --Ken