Old March 9th 04, 01:08 AM
KEN8038

Default Radios4You?

Hi: Has anyone had any experience with this dealer?

I'm thinking of ordering the Kaito WRX911 from them (like a really need yet
another radio), but this would be my first order, I haven't dealt with them
before.

Any input would be appreciated. If you want to comment on the radio itself, I'd
like to hear about that too. Most of the reviews have been good, considering
the price.

Thanks. --Ken

Here's a link to the radio at Radios4you. They seem to have the best price.
http://www.radios4you.com/wrx911.html

Old March 9th 04, 01:24 AM
Sanjaya

"KEN8038" wrote...
Hi: Has anyone had any experience with this dealer?

I'm thinking of ordering the Kaito WRX911 from them (like a really need yet
another radio), but this would be my first order, I haven't dealt with them
before.

Any input would be appreciated. If you want to comment on the radio itself, I'd
like to hear about that too. Most of the reviews have been good, considering
the price.

Thanks. --Ken

Here's a link to the radio at Radios4you. They seem to have the best price.
http://www.radios4you.com/wrx911.html

Fast reliable service, but I've only bought one item, and have only seen
one other post saying the same thing.

Old March 9th 04, 01:54 AM
Jim Hackett

Never bought anything from them. Their prices are ALWAYS higher than others
carrying the same items. I bought one of those WRX911's recently and am
very pleased with it. Out of all of my $30 radios, this one's my favorite.
Most sensitive/selective of the cheapies.

"Sanjaya" wrote in message
hlink.net...
"KEN8038" wrote...

Old March 9th 04, 02:38 AM
Bill

Bought 1/2 dozen radio's from them for Christmas presents....no
problem, always fast service and well spoken!!

Bill

Old March 9th 04, 02:51 PM
Mojo

Radios4You = o.k. WRX911 = not so hot.

Maybe I got a sub-par sample, but I'm not impressed wit the radio.
Sensitivity is mediocre, and build quality is poor, even for $30.
Cheap analog tuners can't be expected to be aligned very accurately,
but mine is _way_ off, and the tuning wheel is _very_ stiff. The
volume control on the left side is recessed so far that the only way
to adjust the volume is to stick a fingernail (or paperclip, or
something) through the slot and attempt to turn the wheel. The band
selector's red indicator is so misaligned that there is no visual
indication at all as to what band is selected.

Judging from all the favorable comments and evaluations, I can only
guess my experience isn't the norm. I really wanted to like the
WRX911, but mine was a disappointment. My Grundig Mini 100 (even
cheaper, and made by the same manufacturer) is a better radio, both in
terms of reception and assembly quality... At least I'm only out
about 30 bucks.

Just my two cents worth. Hope your luck is better.

Old March 9th 04, 11:39 PM
KEN8038

Thanks for all the feedback.
BTW, I got an E mail from someone at Radios4You who informed me that the price
has dropped to $ 24.95. I just checked the website and the new price is posted.
---Ken
Old March 11th 04, 08:38 PM
Mojo

I need to clarify my earlier post, "Radios4You = o.k. WRX911 = not so
hot.
"...

I too received an email from Frank at Radios4You, saying that the
WRX911 is a good little radio, and that I had probably just gotten a
lemon. (No doubt true.) He suggested I return it to them for a
replacement.

Here's the kicker. I bought it from one of his competitors, (and for
more money than the low $25 they're charging for it). The experience
I DID have with a different product from Radios4You was positive, so I
hope I did not leave the impression that I found their company
lacking.

jm