Old March 11th 04, 12:20 PM
John Miller

Mark Keith wrote:
I guess it would be ok, if you installed a ground window. But here, I
see no point to separate the grounds. If I had noise on a power line
ground to the house, I would still probably receive it anyway using
any other ground, being the ground conductivity is pretty good here. I
don't ground my radios to the power line ground normally, so thats
something I don't have to worry about.
Actually, I normally don't ground my radio at all. It's grounded
through the antenna ground. Thats the only one I use. When using the
dipoles, I'm not grounded at all. Nada...
I guess this method is ok as long as all precautions are taken.
"ground window"
But still, overall, I don't like unbonded grounds.

And well you shouldn't. They're against code.

While the article in the following link is specifically about lightning
safety, it puts to rest a number of myths about grounding, particularly the
dangerous notion that grounding to a single point causes "ground loops."**

The author is a long-time broadcast engineer and ham who has designed and
operated grounding systems that allow the equipment to survive direct
lightning strikes to the antennas.**

http://jplarc.ampr.org/calling/1996/...html#grounding

--
John Miller
Email address: domain, n4vu.com; username, jsm

We gotta get out of this place,
If it's the last thing we ever do.
-The Animals