Old March 11th 04, 02:30 PM
Frank Dresser

"sideways" wrote in message

Judges have routinely (and suspiciously?) denied Schiff jury trials.
They come up with some lame excuse, but I think it boils down to them
being afraid that a jury might find that Schiff's interpretation of
the tax laws are correct......which would be a blow to the tax
extortion system in this country.

I don't know if a jury would be sympathetic to Mr. Schiff. I mean it's
hard to be sympathetic for a guy who throws his followers under the bus:

Saturday, February 14, 2004
"Irwin Schiff Follower and Promoter Convicted"

Irwin Schiff said:

"If I told him to go rob a bank, would he do it? What is he, an idiot?"

This is from:

http://irwinschiffbs.blogspot.com/

If Schiff is mentally unstable, he may be able to somehow "force" a
jury trial regardless of what a judge tries to get away with.

I'm not sure the courts work that way. However, if I were a follower of
Irwin Schiff's interpretation of the tax code, I'm sure I'd wish he
would have publicly confirmed his mental instability earlier.

Good for him.

Frank Dresser