Old March 11th 04, 06:58 AM
Frank Dresser

Default Shortwave broadcaster in court!

I was listening to WBCQ, and heard some woman reading "News of the
Weird". Irwin Schiff made the cut.

"In a back-tax-collection case in Las Vegas in January, Schiff told the
court in a filing that he suffers from delusions, including a fantasy
that he is the only person qualified to interpret federal income tax
law."

The story is he

http://www.sltrib.com/2004/Mar/03062...n_w/145268.asp

And he

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2...8/162120.shtml

Strangely, she didn't seem to know that Irwin Schiff was a brother in SW
broadcasting.

Frank Dresser

Old March 11th 04, 09:46 AM
sideways

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 06:58:39 GMT, "Frank Dresser" wrote:

I was listening to WBCQ, and heard some woman reading "News of the
Weird". Irwin Schiff made the cut.

"In a back-tax-collection case in Las Vegas in January, Schiff told the
court in a filing that he suffers from delusions, including a fantasy
that he is the only person qualified to interpret federal income tax
law."

- - - - -

Judges have routinely (and suspiciously?) denied Schiff jury trials.
They come up with some lame excuse, but I think it boils down to them
being afraid that a jury might find that Schiff's interpretation of
the tax laws are correct......which would be a blow to the tax
extortion system in this country.

If Schiff is mentally unstable, he may be able to somehow "force" a
jury trial regardless of what a judge tries to get away with.

Good for him.

Old March 11th 04, 02:30 PM
Frank Dresser

"sideways" wrote in message

Judges have routinely (and suspiciously?) denied Schiff jury trials.
They come up with some lame excuse, but I think it boils down to them
being afraid that a jury might find that Schiff's interpretation of
the tax laws are correct......which would be a blow to the tax
extortion system in this country.

I don't know if a jury would be sympathetic to Mr. Schiff. I mean it's
hard to be sympathetic for a guy who throws his followers under the bus:

Saturday, February 14, 2004
"Irwin Schiff Follower and Promoter Convicted"

Irwin Schiff said:

"If I told him to go rob a bank, would he do it? What is he, an idiot?"

This is from:

http://irwinschiffbs.blogspot.com/

If Schiff is mentally unstable, he may be able to somehow "force" a
jury trial regardless of what a judge tries to get away with.

I'm not sure the courts work that way. However, if I were a follower of
Irwin Schiff's interpretation of the tax code, I'm sure I'd wish he
would have publicly confirmed his mental instability earlier.

Good for him.

Frank Dresser

Ireland, Denmark and Norway leaving shortwave Mike Terry Shortwave 3 January 2nd 04 10:59 PM
I wonder... mike Shortwave 8 September 5th 03 04:38 AM
WHERE ARE ALL THE TOUGH GUYS IN THIS SHORTWAVE NEWSGROUP? Joe S. Shortwave 2 July 18th 03 04:50 AM
WHERE ARE ALL THE TOUGH GUYS IN THIS SHORTWAVE NEWSGROUP? Dxing Since 1957 Shortwave 0 July 4th 03 05:37 PM
WHERE ARE ALL THE TOUGH GUYS IN THIS SHORTWAVE NEWSGROUP? LLOYD DAVIES N0VFP General 0 July 4th 03 04:21 PM