Old January 19th 05, 11:47 PM
Highland Ham

Think is, how do I cut this? Anyone developed a cheap solution for
shearing
PCB laminate?

=================================
Score the sheet with a heavy duty blade knive as often used by people laying
carpets. You can then easily break-off the unwanted bit .
After that you can smoothen the edges with fine water proof amaril paper
(the grey sheet stuff) or simply with a file.

Has worked fine for me.

BTW At radio flea markets on the european continent ,for example in
Germany , Belgium and the Netherlands ,large sheets of (usually
double-sided ) PCB are available for a few Euros. Cut-offs are often sold
by weight. There will be a big fleamarket in the Netherlands at Rosmalen at
the Autotron Exhibition Centre , date 19 March 2005. Perhaps you can find a
Dutch Ham going there to get the stuff for you. This year I won't be going .

Frank GM0CSZ / KN6WH