Old March 18th 04, 03:25 AM
S R

I saw the history of the WTC as well. It was on PBS about a year ago.
That's when I first learned about Radio Row. In fact, I still remember when
it was cheap to buy things on Chamber St. even in the 1980's.

What was that big antenna on the WTC for? (Funny that Radio Row was once
there)! And does other large towers in NYC have antennas on them?

I once saw something on PBS called The seven Mysteries of Grand Central.
They mention that the clock in side of Grand Central was synchronized buy a
shortwave signal. I thought that was strange. But in a cool way!

73

"tommyknocker" wrote in message
RHF wrote:

WR - Thank You for the Link and Trip Down Memory Lane ~ RHF

FO&A - Here is a More Direct Link/URL to "RADIO ROW".

RADIO-ROW= http://sonicmemorial.org/public/radiorow/radiorow.html

I wonder what happened to all the people who lived in the rooms above
the radio stores-did they just get tossed out on the street?