Old March 26th 04, 02:36 AM
Brian Denley

Dan wrote:

I would have to say that you had a lemon. I just received a Kaito
KA1102 (same radio), and it's performance is really quite amazing.

It's a great addition to a collection, and IMO can't be beat as a
travel portable.

Dan

Dan:
I put it up against my Sony portable because that's what I use as a travel
radio. The Sony (SW55) had much better weak signal sensitivity (it also
costs much more!) and so I was dissapointed. But my main problem with these
Chinese portables is that they remind me of the Japanese portables of many
years ago: poor quality control. Japanese radios now have excellent quality
and hopefully it's only a matter of time until the Chinese manufacturers get
it right. Until then I will look elsewhere for a smaller travel radio:
maybe the SW1 or SW100.

--
Brian Denley