Old March 27th 04, 04:33 AM
Charles Hawtrey

(Diverd4777) crawled to the nearest keyboard and
summoned the courage to write:

In article , "T. Early"
writes:

"Diverd4777" wrote in message
- Any Minute now..

- Stay Tuned !!!

Still got the album with the black and white cover. Ed Sanders
lives!...doesn't he?

Yep! Got it in the Storage Room..
$ ~ 100 on EBAY...

Ed Sanders is still with us;

http://www.thefugs.com/history2.html

A Visit to the Charts
The Fugs second album was released in March, 1966, with liner notes by Allen
Ginsberg. It was a success, at least for the record company. A few weeks later
we experienced the strange and eery (and very temporary) thrill of being on the
charts.

On July 9, the Trogg's "Wild Thing" was number seven on the singles list and
"Paperback Writer" was number two. And wow! there on the album charts! The
Fugs! at 89, just above Martha and the Vandellas Greatest Hits! It spawned the
peculiar hunger which I call "chart-anguia," a thirst to get on the charts
again, difficult to do with tunes like "Kill for Peace" and "I Feel like
Homemade Yodel."

Dunno, "Coca Cola Douche" could sell nowadays...

--
mi aerodeslizador se llena de las anguilas