Old March 29th 04, 01:26 AM
Sanjaya

"Michael" wrote...
Hiya...

Has anyone heard anything about the Tecsun PL-550 yet ??? They are selling
them on ebay now. From what I can see on the ebay auctions, it looks the
radio has a built in antenna tuner. Radiointel has pics of it also, but no
performance info. I'd love to know more about it.

I have one.
At the risk of incurring the wrath of others in this forum
I'll say "I love it"
It does have an antenna trimmer, and an switchable
IF filter to eliminate imaging. It also has a 3 setting gain
switch.
I hooked up a 50 foot wire thanks to the help of RHF
and others in this newsgroup and it rocks.
No SSB is the only drawback.
All lettering in Chinese. Liypn has done an English manual
and English lettering diagram.
Ulis Flemming (of radiointel.com) did a nice English lettering diagram as well.
Join the yahoo group, Ulis put the diagram in the files folder
there.