Old March 29th 04, 04:40 AM
Dan

In article ,
Overwelmed by Stupidity wrote:

Why is it that people seem to expect the DE1102 to sound as good or
better than a radio with a speaker two or three times as large. My
sarcastic response is met with agreement! People seem to think that it
is perfectly valid to expect a radio with a 1 inch speaker to sound as
good as a 10 inch speaker. The name I post my response with is ignored
/ overlooked completly. What planet do you people live on.

Well, first of all, it's a 2 inch speaker, not a 1 inch. That makes a
big difference.

Again, my 1102 sounds fine to me for SWL and MW DXing. It's a little
tinny on FM, but the bass boost helps there. It's much better thru
headphones.

For traveling it can't be beat, IMO. FM, MW, SW, SSB, easy to use,
sensitive, easy on batteries, recharge in the radio, small and light,
cheap. For me, a great combination!

Sarcasm is sometimes hard to pick up here. Why don't you try just
posting your actual opinion on the subject?

Dan

Drake R8, Grundig Satellit 650
Radio Shack DX-440, Grundig YB400
Tecsun PL-230 (YB550PE), Kaito KA1102
Hallicraters S-120 (1962)
Zenith black dial 5 tube Tombstone (1936)
E. H. Scott 23 tube Imperial Allwave in Tasman cabinet (1935)