Old March 29th 04, 04:56 AM
Michael

"Jackie" wrote in message
news:AcM9c.118428$1p.1625220@attbi_s54...

"Al Arduengo" wrote in message

Anyone know of reviews of this nature?

Yep-- this one's right up your alley:

http://www.radiointel.com/portwars.htm

RadioIntel's Grundig YB400PE / Sony ICF-7600G / Sangean ATS-909 "The

Endless
Debate", from a guy who has owned all three radios.

Jackie

Asside from the radiointel link...

I've had both the 7600g and the YB-400. Although I thought the YB-400 had a
little bit better audio quality for sw broadcast, I thought the 7600g was a
much better radio. I can't give you performance numbers because I have no
way to measure it, but the 7600g almost always proved that it was the more
sensitive of the two radios either off the whip or with an external. Also..
When I used a 100 ft external long wire antenna, the 7600g never overloaded.
Not only was it selective, but it was also very stable. The real clincher
was the 7600g's am sb selectable sync detector. It was a great feature
that made program listening better then with the YB-400. The synch on that
radio worked better then the stock sync on my Icom R-75 before I had the
Kiwa mod done on it. I've never used the 909 so I can't comment on it.

Respectfully,

Michael