Old March 29th 04, 05:42 AM
Mark Zenier

starman wrote in message ...
Mark Zenier wrote:

(And I wonder if the Christian Scientists are going to hire the
Russiansto jam RA again this summer, like the last couple of years.
9585 at 12:00 UTC. It'll be kind of tough with them on both 9590
and 9580).

You didn't really mean to say 'jam', did you?

Yup. There were huge chunks of the 9 MHz band open, but they
just happened to pick a frequency 5 kHz away from RA's only
reliable frequency into North America (and probably parts of
the Pacific). RA even put a note on their web site recommending
a 11 MHz frequency, (which wasn't as good here, as it was the
same frequency as Radio Kiev, which sometimes stepped on it,
depending on propagation).

And the Christian Science web site was vague about where the
transmitter was (but it warmed up to strains of Mussorgsky
(sp?)), and what the coverage area was. They said China,
but they were sending a strong blast in the opposite direction.

The fact that RA moved their 11 MHz transmission down to 9590 kHz
in their B03 schedule, right next to the existing 9580, seems to
me that they're sending a message to somebody. There's probably
an interesting inside story, but I expect I'll never know.

Mark Zenier Washington State resident