Old March 29th 04, 10:58 AM
Sanjaya

"Michael" wrote...
Thanx...

I just ordered one from Liypn via ebay. I know I should probably wait until
an English labeled version is available, but I want to have one ASAP.
Getting a new radio to evaluate is so much fun :-) As with most of the
portables I buy, I keep them for a few months and then unload them. The
only portable I had that I regret selling was the Sony 7600g. After
checking out a bunch of other portables I realize now just how good it was.
When I get the PL-550, I want to see how it compares to a Sony7600g .

In the case of the PL-550, it doesn't have SSB, so I'll have to compare for
sensitivity, sound quality and features. I'm willing to bet that it's going
to be a good portable, but it won't be in the same league with the 7600g.
Especially for selectivity. I used to use a 100 ft long wire on my
Sony7600g and it still never overloaded. I have to admit though, I really
want to check out that antenna tuner on the PL-550.

Michael

Hi Michael.

Don't worry about the Chinese labels. After using Liypn's English manual,
and picture of the radio with English labels. you'll know the buttons without
having to see any labels.

If you decide to sell your PL-550 let me know :-)