Old March 30th 04, 03:26 AM
Tracy Fort

On 29 Mar 2004 18:19:59 -0800, (Melvin Creep)
wrote:

As official spokesman for the shortwave newsgroup I must remind
everyone to keep your postings relevent to the shortwave hobby. I'm
not going to single anyone out because you know who you are. Failure
to comply could carry penalties such as being put on probationary
status whereby I, in my capacity as official spokesman for this
newsgroup, review, approve or disapprove every one of your posts. If
after 30 days of probationary status you are still not compliant with
the rules and regulations I will have no other choice but to ban you
completely from the group.
Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. I don't like issuing
such warnings but it is my responsibility as an elected leader to
maintain order in the shortwave family.
Melvin Creep
Official Shortwave Newsgroup Spokesman
Washington D.C.

P.S. Thank all of you who have sent letters of encouragement and
support for my yeoman efforts to improve this newsgroup. It's always
nice to hear "job well done!" from the silent majority. Sure my job
isn't always a bed of roses but whenever I hear from someone whose
life I've improved it makes it all worth while. As for the copious
inquiries regarding whether I will be seeking reelection when my term
expires (eleven months from now) the answer is yes (is that a
collective sigh of relief I hear ?, yes I thought so. Rest easy and
God bless each of you.

Here's a vote for ya Melvin...

**** YOU!

Tracy