Old March 30th 04, 03:19 AM
Melvin Creep

Default Memo To The SW NG RE OFF TOPIC POSTING

As official spokesman for the shortwave newsgroup I must remind
everyone to keep your postings relevent to the shortwave hobby. I'm
not going to single anyone out because you know who you are. Failure
to comply could carry penalties such as being put on probationary
status whereby I, in my capacity as official spokesman for this
newsgroup, review, approve or disapprove every one of your posts. If
after 30 days of probationary status you are still not compliant with
the rules and regulations I will have no other choice but to ban you
completely from the group.
Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. I don't like issuing
such warnings but it is my responsibility as an elected leader to
maintain order in the shortwave family.
Melvin Creep
Official Shortwave Newsgroup Spokesman
Washington D.C.

P.S. Thank all of you who have sent letters of encouragement and
support for my yeoman efforts to improve this newsgroup. It's always
nice to hear "job well done!" from the silent majority. Sure my job
isn't always a bed of roses but whenever I hear from someone whose
life I've improved it makes it all worth while. As for the copious
inquiries regarding whether I will be seeking reelection when my term
expires (eleven months from now) the answer is yes (is that a
collective sigh of relief I hear ?, yes I thought so. Rest easy and
God bless each of you.
Old March 30th 04, 03:26 AM
Tracy Fort

On 29 Mar 2004 18:19:59 -0800, (Melvin Creep)
wrote:

[...]

Here's a vote for ya Melvin...

**** YOU!

Tracy
Old March 30th 04, 03:34 AM
Brian Hill

"Melvin Creep" wrote in message
om...
[...]

You seem happy this evening Melvin. Did ya get in some corn holio from you
hubby?

Old March 30th 04, 04:33 AM
Dan

In article ,
Overwelmed by Stupidity wrote:

I noticed you had an E.H Scott listed under your name. I bet that is a
great radio to listen to. How long have you had it and do you use it
much.

Yes, it is. I've had it about 30 years. See the thread titled
"Actual Radio Talk" for a pretty good account of how I acquired this
radio. I was replying to Brian's questions about it.

Unfortunately, I don't get to use it very often. It's in the living
room, and there is usually someone else in there watching TV or
something. Damn wife and kids!

If I could put in here (radio/computer/other toys room of mine) I would
use it every night, but there is just no room for it!

I really need to unload some of this stuff and make room for it in here.

Dan

Drake R8, Grundig Satellit 650
Radio Shack DX-440, Grundig YB400
Tecsun PL-230 (YB550PE), Kaito KA1102
Hallicraters S-120 (1962)
Zenith black dial 5 tube Tombstone (1936)
E. H. Scott 23 tube Imperial Allwave in Tasman cabinet (1935)
Old March 30th 04, 05:25 AM
m II

Dan wrote:

As official spokesman for the People Against Newsgroup Spokesmen I must

People Against Newsgroup Spokesmen I

That makes for a bad acronym, Dan. I'd think about rearranging the
letters a bit..

mike

--

..let the cat out to reply..

How is a posting about radio shack off topic? Steve Giovanis Scanner 13 May 15th 04 05:42 AM
LOL Twisty Nailed AT FORGING AND ANONYMOUS POSTING Twistedhed CB 0 December 2nd 03 10:29 PM
Dealing with off topic Rick Antenna 1 November 10th 03 02:51 PM
Address the issues, Skippy! Repost #3 Skipp would rather be back in Tahoe CB 5 July 30th 03 07:05 PM