Old April 3rd 04, 12:19 AM
Troy R.

Difference in price???

The VR-5000 suffered a major drop in price because it would not sell due to
the many and varied technical issues with it.

Strangely enough that was never an issue with AR-8600

"ac-acadaptor" wrote in message
k.net...
For the difference in price and the fact that the AOR doesn't have a
real-time bandscope, I chose the VR-5000 and have never looked back. What
bugs? Mine doesn't exhibit any peculiarities. If CONTROLLING the radio

via
computer is important, pass up the VR as all you can do is up/down load
frequencies...

"DougSlug" wrote in message
et...
I've studied the manufacturers' literature, now I'm looking for user
feedback regarding the more subjective differences between the Yaesu

VR-5000
and the AOR AR8600MkII. Both are similarly-featured compact

DC-to-daylight
receivers...is there a clear winner irrespective of price?

- Doug