Old April 3rd 04, 01:03 PM
big boy now

i have owned the yaesu VR5000 and it had the DSP 1 fitted..
i paid £650 for the VR5000 new i owned it for 3 months then sold it and lost
over £250 on what i paid new...

i then decided to go out and pay for the best i could afford what did i buy.
a new model AOR AR5000A+3 with the New SDU5600 spectrum display unit this
lot cost me near £3000..

now my opinion of the Yaesu VR5000 after owning a real receiver for a couple
of months well not much i should have got the AOR to start with......

Yaesu radio equipment is supposed to be one of the best makes in the modern
world today......well the VR5000 isn't i would not touch another what a
waist of my hard earned cash load of crap i don't know how yaesu can get
away with selling such crap the VR5000 isn't doing there reputation much
good.....

i buy and sell second hand receivers and have done for about the last year i
have had many many models almost every realistic scanner.
well the performance of the realistic scanners puts the VR5000 to shame

Go for the AOR much better scanner.....
were i buy and sell scanners. i would not buy another VR5000 as they are
total crap not worth the hassle i would not pay more than £50 to £60 for
one......save you money go buy the AOR..

look in SW magazine at the read up on the VR5000 totally puts the VR5000
down.....

John

"ac-acadaptor" wrote in message
ink.net...
A=Another O=Overpriced R=Radio

"Browning Mark FourA" wrote in message
AOR = JUNK

+4db +2db 0db +2db +4db

noise............................................. ..Signal

On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 00:20:56 GMT, "DougSlug"
wrote:

I've studied the manufacturers' literature, now I'm looking for user
feedback regarding the more subjective differences between the Yaesu

VR-5000
and the AOR AR8600MkII. Both are similarly-featured compact

DC-to-daylight
receivers...is there a clear winner irrespective of price?

- Doug

remove SPAMSUCKS to reply