Old April 3rd 04, 10:00 PM
WG

The term Meters means the wave length of the frequency you are on. Most of
the better receivers don't say, "broadcast band" because the entire
short-wave band is a broadcast band. It is put on the radio to make it look
nice but serves no real use. The radio frequencies are sold to privet users
the same as in the VHF and UHF bands so you can get privet HF Fax
transmissions, Ship to Shore radio calls, Long Range Air Traffic Control and
so on. Much of the stuff on the short-wave bands is in Single Side Band,
(SSB), Radio Teletype, (RTTY) or high speed Morse Code, (CW)

"Philip Campbell" wrote in message
I am new to the world of SWL. I have a Sangean ATS-505. When I am tuning
in Sw mode, say on 49meters, the freq. in that range is from 5,900 to
6,200Mhz. The ATS505 will display "broadcast band". What are the freqs
between the bands? The next one up is 41meters which covers 7,100 -
7,350Mhz. What are the freqs from 6201 thru 6,999?

What does the term meters mean?

thanks