Old April 5th 04, 03:58 AM
B Banton

On Sun, 04 Apr 2004 21:14:22 -0400, Dan wrote:

In article ,
(oan) wrote:

Dear friends,
I know you are fed up with these kind of "this or that" questions.
But, if you spare a couple of seconds to answer, I'll be very happy. I
searched the archives and other resources from net, i downloaded the
user's manuels of both radios. It seems that satellite has more
specialities but it is unreliable. You have to be lucky if you choose
a satellite800, because, some users say they had unending factory
problems with their product. I live in Istanbul and I will order it
from a friend who lives in US (because it is the half price in US).

I would go for the Satellit 800. The early ones had quality control
issues, now they seem to be pretty stable. Since you are having a US
friend order it, he can check it out before he ships it to you.

If I had $500 to spend, the 800 is definitely the radio I would be
getting. I already have a 650, and just picked up a 700 on eBay. I
may yet get an 800 if I can find a good deal on one.

Have you considered a used 700? It will likely perform as well - if
not better - than a new 800, and will cost considerably less.

Dan

Drake R8, Radio Shack DX-440,
Grundig Satellit 650, Satellit 700, YB400
Tecsun PL-230 (YB550PE), Kaito KA1102
Hallicraters S-120 (1962)
Zenith black dial 5 tube Tombstone (1937)
E. H. Scott 23 tube Imperial Allwave in Tasman cabinet (1936)

A 700 for "considerably" less than a 800? You from our planet?