Old April 5th 04, 09:14 PM
Harris

Mike Terry wrote:
Swiss Radio International are ending English broadcasts on 12th April. Rest
of A04 season will have music in place of English language broadcasts.

Announcer Isabel (surname unclear- Rivone?) stated on 3rd April that the
English service is ending broadcasts on April 12th. Something along the
lines of:

"Here is a special station announcement. It is the end of an era at SRI.
After 70 years on air Monday 12th April will be the last English broadcast.
We will continue to play music until October (i.e during the English slots
on the A04 schedule). On behalf of everyone at SRI I would like to take the
opportunity to thank all listeners for tuning in over the years. Hope you
continue to keep in touch with Switzerland via the Swiss info website:
www.swissinfo.org ."

Yep, I heard it over the weekend. Another one bites the dust. I always
liked SRI, and will miss them. I think we're seeing a snowball effect. As
more SW broadcasters cut back, the remaining ones start to think they
should too.

Art Harris N2AHX